Saturday, August 20, 2011

Saturday is a Special Day...

Here we are guys. Half way through the weekend. What have we accomplished thus far? Me? I've mowed some lawns, I've picked some fruit, I've watched a date-night movie....I even vacuumed Big Green out. Stacey's going to get her nails done as she's got a ladies afternoon planned with the Circle Sisters. Trust me, I foresee this turning into a "Secret Society of Sisters" thing, even though it was just to go watch a movie. I'll never understand that mindset. Women get their feelings hurt because two other women had fun and didnt invite them. Would they also be upset if they DID invite them but they had a sucky time??? Who knows.

So, anyhow this morning I went on a run. Same ol' same ol'. It's one of my standbys. Up from the house to 12600, straight down the new highway to OMG West in Herriman where the Herriman church and a stake center are. Then south to main street and back east to 12600 South and home again. Used to take me about 57 minutes. No clue how far it is. I'd say in excess of five miles, but not much more than six. I'm not going at a high rate of speed. More to collect my thoughts and listen to Beyonce'. There's no cool way for a guy to listen to Beyonce' in the car or at home. It's got to be working out. Guy Code. You wouldnt understand. Anyhow, about the time I turned the corner and went down over the new over-pass on 12600, she was wanting a Soldier. I'd already been her baby boy and I guess it's only fitting. I gotta be honest, something about that delicious chocolate confectionary makes me want to run. Meow meow kitty.

Where were we. So, I have nothing significant to report I guess. We picked some stuff over at the garden last night. I was in charge of dinner so I made some waffles and bacon. You know what else people like? Parfaits! I aint never heard nobody ever say they don't like no parfaits!
Oh, I made some points on that one too. Not the parfait, I totally made that up. The dinner thing. Stacey was out delivering vegetables and I was busy dripping waffle juice all down the side of the cabinet, launching the top of the Pam can across the kitchen, bouncing between The Netflix starting Dora and popping bacon grease into my eye.

So, what else? Hmm well that's about it folks. I planned on fixing the barbequer pressure regulator, and maybe making a trip to Lowe's, but since my beautiful bride is getting her nails done and then off to the movies, it's anyone's guess whether it will be this weekend or next. I just can't fix stuff around the house with a poopy two-year old in tow. It's just not possible for me. I aint wired for it.

OK kids, I gotta go. Standard Rates apply. Void where prohibited by law and all that other jazz.

Word to your Mutha.

Always,

J

No comments:

Post a Comment