Sunday, August 14, 2011

Lots of Love...

Hey guys. I missed you. Welcome back. So this morning it was raining up at our lot. Willy Nelson kept going through my mind. "The last thing I needed first thing this morning, was to have you walk out on me."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYpGEAwH1k0


It was the perfect song. Outside the trailer it was drizzling rain and the thunderheads were lazing across the sky from the south. Over the Wildcat the welcome moisture dropped into the red dirt and almost disappeared immediately. I sat under the awning in the folding chair, looking over yesterday's efforts. My dad helped me put up a three place swing set for the kids on their playhouse. It's out of whack and a little out of square and plumb. Kind of like this morning and Willie. Almost right, but not quite. So I sat there and let everyone else sleep in the trailer. Watching the weeds in the road-base of our parking area dance with the breeze from down the canyon below.

I had a great day today. Well the whole weekend was nothing to brag about, and I think that's just what the Dr. ordered. Anyhow, I had some time alone with my thoughts, and before my bacon ends and peices and some Bisquick biscuits I figured I was livin' the life I was made for. We had to jet back for me to make it to teach my Sunbeams this afternoon and I'm so glad I did. For once they seemed subdued. Only one of them sat on my leg and demanded horse rides and the other three at least took turns at the up and down game and demanding to be picked for the song as they'd been reverent the past three seconds. I love those kids. Even Sage. No, especially Sage. Jackson's coming around some. Christian is still a bit quarelsome and Rowan was uncharacteristically talkative.


Anyhow, I will cut this short. Here's another Willie for you to keep the mood. Take care and always the best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru40GiejGDg&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment