Saturday, July 9, 2011

Weekend Update...

OK, here goes...so, you know I try to keep you apprised of even the most mundane of goings-on here at Casa de Kenworthy. Today is of course no exception. Let me give you a recap as things have unfolded thus far.

So, nigh on about Thursday we (Stacey and I) went to go see the new movie, "17 Miracles". I'll be honest with you, we were really wanting to laugh at the new movie, "Hangover 2" was aweful appetizing. But we decided on the other one, mostly because the Hangover started over an hour later, but something told me we should go see the churchy movie. I'll be honest with you, I'm sure glad we did. If you go see this movie, make sure you bring a hanky. It's a doosey. It's really very touching to see the sacrifices and challenges made by members of the Willy Martin Handcart Company as they treked West. Also a tad ironic is one of the main characters is named, "Levi" which, coincidentally or not we've seriously considered as the name for our impending arrival here in November. I try to name all my sons after Biblical dudes that have a bit of an attitude and all my daughters after hotties that wouldnt give me the time of day, so...I guess we're on par for where we should be. By the way, I really thought the names: "Giselle, Gabriella, and Raquel" would have been good options, however I'm now, at five children thinking, perhaps my next one should be named, "Vasectomy". Which has an ever-increasingly nice ring to it. I'd like to say it with a heavy smoker voice. "Vasectaahmy, please come sit by daddy. Bring me my leather-bound book and a nice glass of freshly squeezed orange juice wouldnt you?" I imagine I'm wearing a purple "Heffner" robe and hanging out in my mansion just reading in my leather office chair. Oh and an ottoman would be nice too. Oh, and a Persian rug, and a fernish plant and a big yeller dog that actually sits beside you with wise eyes and watches the fire. Whatever, I'm getting closer to that dream. I have the dog (sorta) and the rug is synthetic, but we're well on our way to freshly squeezed O.J.

I lost what we were talking about??? Oh yes, so this movie. Yeah, much better choice than the Rated R one we wanted to see. Dont get me wrong, we're well aware that Rated R shows are no-no's but you can rationalize a lot of things when you just want to cut loose and relax. But, the past few years being as challenging as they have been, we've elected instead to stand in a little more holy places. Which, actually is a nice segue into Friday.

So Friday night, we went to the Jordan River Temple. Stacey's mom, dad and sisters were there and I was asked to be a witness for the sealing of Stacey's now deceased sister Michelle. I dont think it's appropriate for me to go into in great detail, but suffice it to say, we were absolutely in the right place, doing the right thing last night. We took some photo's after, which if you're into that sort of thing, you can check Stacey's blog for within the coming week. Anyhow, what I will tell you, is that the sealer, was an older gentleman with an extremely heavy German accent whom happens to live around the corner from my in-laws. I really felt the importance of what was going on there and I'll just leave it at that. It was a beautiful way to spend an evening and has ever-lasting significance to my lovely wife, her parents, and consequently me as I am sealed to Stacey.

So, from there, we've jumped head-long into Saturday. (It's a special day, it's the day we get ready for Sunday...) So this morning, which was more like early afternoon, Josh and I ran on down to my dad's. No, literally, I jogged, and Josh rode his sister's scooter. Josh has some new duds by the way. He got a fifty dollar gift certificate for having a birthday and we went to Kohl's yesterday to pick out some exercise gear for him. Flash back to Friday, Josh and I went and played racquetball for his very first time, and I am happy to report I have finally "won" a game. So we'll be going back again today at two. Dont tell him, but the reason we went on a run first thing this morning, is because thus far, he's not exactly requiring me to run a whole lot around the court. Granted, he's 11, but dont rob me of my victory. It was real, and it was tangible, and it was mine. I dont shave points for anyone. Least wise a little joke-cracking whipper-snapper!

OK, well, hey, I better let you guys go. I gotta thing. Stacey's going to get her nails done and I'm late for a 44 oz dripping plastic container of Diet Luv. You guys enjoy the remainder of the weekend and just know I think the absolute world of you.

OK, we'll see you on the flip-side,

J

No comments:

Post a Comment