Friday, July 15, 2011

Friday Night Lights

So today, was a pretty great day. I really enjoyed my day today. I started out with a run this morning at seven. Just up the road past the Rec Center past the stake center in Herriman and back down the new 12600 South home. I think it's around six miles but to be honest I'm not really sure. I broke my watch band some time ago and I didnt even have the luxury of an Ipod but I imagine it was just shy of an hour mark.

From there I mowed the front and back lawn, then Stacey and I took the car into the dealership for an oil change. Now, before you lecture me on going to the dealership for a simple oil change, it's part of the built in maintenance plan on the lease. Now...before you lecture me on a lease, it's our second lease and we're very happy with how we've been treated. I absoluty abhor purchasing cars and even going NEAR a dealership makes my skin crawl. However, in our second go-round with Stockton to Malone we're nothing but pleased. We've elected to lease Stacey's cars because of the amount of traveling I do I just feel better with Stacey having a newer vehicle, good tires and zero maintenance. Anyhow, we sat in the waiting room with Olivia and sipped down our soda-pops in relative comfort while Olivia ate M and M's and Skittles. Oh that reminds me, backing up a little to the Maverik this morning. I ran into the store to grab Stacey and I a soda. While I was in there, an older gentleman was getting a soda at the fountain. Well he walks over to the Dr. Pepper, puts a few ounces in, and then backs up like he's lost. Then he goes over and starts filling the rest with Diet Coke. Funniest thing, because I do the same thing.

Anyhow, we went from there over to Costco and walked past the cheesecake (longingly) and looked at a camera for Stacey before our trip. Then we picked up some diapers, a HUGE amount of toilet paper, babywipes, and body wash. (Are you writing this down???) Anyhow, we got out of there $170 lighter than when we went in, and without a camera. Go figure. Anyhow, Stacey sent me off with Olivia to get her a piece of cheese pizza. Well, if you've not been to a Costco on a Friday lately....DON'T! That's all I'm sayin'. Anyhow, so I can't set her down, because she's highly mobile, but I also only have so many hands, so it's her,and pizza, and the drinks have to wait. Anyhow, I then realize that as she starts touching me with her pizza-ey hands that I'd neglected to get nappy-kins. Yeah, so when momma arrived (just in time) I bolted for the napkins and had Olivia sit on my lap and chew the pizza and cheese then spit it right back out on the plate...bite...by otherwise delicious....bite.

From thence we went to get Josh at the "Cowabunga" water park. From the outside it looks just dazzling. And colorful. So then we came home and it was almost five p.m. Then... we watched "The Netflix" and we've been watching it ever since! Oh, the BEST part? Other than spending the one day off this weekend I have (Drill tomorrow)....eating a quart of pralines and caramel with Olivia. I gave her a tea spoon. No, an actual spoon designed for ice tea....and we played sword fight digging out little bite sized morsals of delicousness. We uh...well Stacey helpd with six or eight bites...but we polished off the last...4/5ths of the quart and a half container. I'm not proud of myself, but I had a great time doing it. :D

Anyhow, had a great time today. Not really looking forward to drill today, but it's one more month down. See I'm counting down to September when I change command. That will be two years. Two years of hearding cats at the State Headquarters is just about as much as I can handle.

Anyhow it's going to be a hectic week getting ready for this conference in Hawaii next week. Oh, yeah, I'll be out of the net for a while. Flying out on Sunday and we wont be back till the Sunday of next. Dont expect me to blog during that time-frame. I'll be working my fingers right down to the bone. I'm sure you understand.

Anyhow, hope you're Friday was equally relaxing. You know I want only the best for you and your-en.

Always,

J

2 comments:

  1. What a great day I had with you. Can't wait to spend 7 days with you just relaxing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, I can see where you'd get that. I'm a lot of fun when you finally peel back the steele emotional curtain. A lot of people will never have the benefit of truly knowing the real me. You on the other hand get the wide expanse of knowledge involved with what IS Jon. You're gonna like the way it feels, I guarantee it(R).

    ReplyDelete