Sunday, July 10, 2011

Eddy Raven, Fireworks and Glee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1n9FiD0JMQ&feature=list_related&playnext=1&list=AVGxdCwVVULXeVLt-oBNkv3_Bfg3fEQVbc

So this morning Eddy Raven is playing and I'm just about ready to make some breakfast. I haven't decided, but if there are biscuits in the fridge it's a no-brainer, we're having biscuits and gravy. I've slept just about as long as humanly possible as an Army guy. I dont wanna brag, but I made it all the way to 8:00 am before I just couldnt lay there any longer. Despite that growing little monkey Olivia's desire to be up two or three times (she's started ending up in our bed in the mornings) I've gotten plenty of rest and my mind was starting to make up ridiculous dreams. Yesterday I had a nightmare that a former employer (female type) was riding around some flight-line somewhere in a pickup/motorhome type vehicle and was as dolled-up as was humanly possible for her. In fact, I swear I almost considered her female but alas, her advances went nowhere. I imagine because like some blackwidow spider she'd have just eaten my brain as soon as I consumated our hate-luv relationship. Yeah, my subconscious does some crazy stuff if I over-sleep.

So anyhow, here we are, at the beginning of the end. The weekend that is. I've had a good weekend I think. Josh mowed both lawns, and it only cost me a trip to Kohl's to use HIS money to buy him some workout clothes. I got a run in, two sessions of racquetball, helped the neighbors load a U-Haul...swapped out the front-room couch and one the neighbors were unloading...what else? Oh, I watched about six episodes of Glee. Yeah, I know you're not proud of me, but I just can't tear myself away from the freakishness of their characters. In fact, yesterday night, Stacey and I were talking about fireworks. (wait for it...waaaait for it) So I'm climbing into the shower (feel free to imagine this in slow motion (it's a totally "organic" experience)) and I'm talking to her about how the neighbor's fireworks were boxed up, and how they got them from Wal Mart blah blah blah. So I am thinking (cause my mind does that) that if they lasted fifteen minutes per box, that you could somehow choreograph them and include a CD that you as the consumer could play patriotic music and make the experience that much more enjoyable. Then my marketing genius inside realized we could box up "sets" that could be combined to provide hours of continous enjoyment. You could have Lee Greenwood be Proud to Be an American...heck you could include the Top Gun theme...whatever. I mean, you could make a KILLING differentiating yourself from the competition all for a 50 cent plastic CD! I was in the middle of my intellectual explosion...(still showering, keep it clean) and about the time I got to my 1999th part I shouted out to Stacey..."I've been watching too much Glee havent I? If I'm talking about choreographing fireworks, this is starting to affect me for the negative." So I dropped the subject (along with the soap) immediately and went on talking about guns or motors or something.

Oh my favorite part about yesterday? Was the second call into Qwest to fix our wireless internet! So, yesterday, after much wailing and gnashing of teeth, I finally convinced Stacey, that 150 bucks a month for combined internet, Satelite TV and telephone service was just insane. First off, I dont answer the home phone. It's NEVER for me. 9 times out of 10 it's a telemarketer. The tenth time it's one of Lexi or Josh's friends. If you're doing the math at home, the other non-existant .00001 percent of the time it's someone from church wanting something you dont want to do but feel obligated to. (babysteps, I'm changing my attitude one baby at a time). So, also, we watch "The" Netflix almost exclusively. I honest to goodness couldnt remember the last time we watched network TV. You know how I feel about televised sports, I dont watch General Hospital, and all the kids brain-numbing shows are available on, you guessed it, "the Netflix". Plus if I want to watch HLN and get news mixed with sassy attitude and my morning sunshine, I'll watch it at work on the treadmill or the eliptical. So, that left us with internet. Well aparently it cost NINETY bucks a month for JUST the internet when you're not bundled!!!!! WHAT?! SIX HUNDRED bucks a year for internet? I could buy an air-card with unlimmited access for twenty five a month! (Hold on, Operator Operator, could you be so kind? As to reconnect this number, I just spent my last dime. Would you reconnect this number? I got my love on hold and my heart is on the line....sing it Eddy!)

Where were we? Ah, anyhow, so Stacey reluctantly cancelled those and we're left with only the internet. Well, sort of. Because quiet magically our wireless stopped working last night six hours after we broke up with Qwest. Anyhow, Stacey called first but they wanted us to log into the computer with our...wait for it..non-existant internet access. Then they wanted us to dig up a cord which we couldnt find, but did find a USB connection. Blah blah blah...we didnt get off the ground the first time, but the second go-round we located a high-speed yeller cord that looks like a telephone cord but has a big fat head. The name of the cord escapes me and all you computer dorks out there are rolling your eyes. Guess what? I dont care. I have people for that. I'm a macro thinker. I come up with marketing and genius ideas and have board meetings. That's who I am in this scenario. I'm like the Sue Sylvester of this little high school. YOU on the other hand are that annoying Jewish chick with the giant carp mouth that is oddly attractive but repulsive at the same time. She has a name, I dont care what it is.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAANY way, I gotta run. I promised Alexia I'd go for a walk with her this morning which probably requires shorts and a shirt or something. I'm sure there around here somewheres. Anyhow hugs and kisses on all your pink parts. I gotta thing. You'll be excusing me *tips his hat*.

Always,

J

No comments:

Post a Comment