Sunday, December 18, 2011

Home again, home again, jiggity jig...

OK, so I got in Friday night. I was able to finagle Delta into getting me on an earlier flight out of Columbia, South Carolina. I texted my dad and asked him if he'd pick me up two hours earlier in Salt Lake. I'd just started a cold, which I have now by the way, which has since robbed me of my voice. Of course, everyone wants to have an in-depth complicated conversation with you when you have no voice, and I've since stressed my vocal cords to the point where I can't sing the Sunbeam song. Which, sorta leads to where we are right no.

So, I'm at home with Olivia and Samuel. Sam's starting to fuss in his rocker and Olivia is playing trains and watching Diego. We started out with an arrangement where we'd watch one episode of Diego, and one episode of 30 Rock, but since that time we've supplemented 30 Rock with Shaun the Sheep, Diego, and more....Diego. She's glued. Well, about a half hour ago I figured the top of her sippy cup had failed because my left side was all wet. No such luck. Turns out when I'd asked Alexia to change Livy's bum, she did so, but failed to button up one side of the diaper. So, Livy peed all through her onesie and my shorts and of course my underoos.

I did nap on and off though, which apparently is a no-go to Olivia, because every four minutes or so she'd take my chin and wake me up so I didnt miss the most critical parts of Diego. I dont know what it is, but I'm exhausted. Did I mention Stace took the older kids to church? I'm getting a new calling next week by the way. I'm going to be co-teaching with my partner the 11 year old boys and girls, and also tag-teaming the requirements of being the 11 year old boy scout leader with Chad as well. It's good to have a partner,and Chad's an excellent one, because he's really flexible if I have to be out of town.

You should see Olivia, she has two giant flowers in her hair and semi-permanent blue marker all over her face. Just a shirt and a diaper on (third shirt this morning) and she's playing trains just as peacefully as can be. She's upset now because of monsters by the way. Josh has her believing if she goes upstairs or downstairs by herself that they'll get her. I'm really excited that he's instilled that in her.

Well hey, I gotta go. Just a quick note. Sammy's waking up and probably wants to have his sister color him with blue marker or something. You guys take care and good luck with all your endeavors.

See you later,

J

No comments:

Post a Comment