Saturday, October 1, 2011

Good morning

Hey, I just wanted to tell you good morning. I've been busy lately so I haven't had much time. Life is what happens while you're busy making plans right? Oh man, where to start? Well of course this week has been standard off-the-shelf normal. Football practice three nights a week, dance, piano lessons, kids off track. Today Josh has a game and I really want them to do well. We've scored two touchdowns in four games and it's a little discouraging. Well, to be fair they were playing, "up" for those teams meaning that they were out of our league...well...sorta. Anyhow, today starts the regular season play. I'm excited for Josh. I'd much rather watch one of my son's games than any other sporting event. Stacey laughs because the entire season I've got a hoarse voice from yelling from the sidelines. It honestly takes over me. I've had to excuse myself to go get a conciliatory Diet Luv just to cope with the stress of linemen not firing off or handoff's gone awry and missed tackles. Yeah, I'm THAT dad.

So, anyhow, last night we had an end of Summer BBQ in the Clique de Sac. That's what they're calling it now. Wrench (AKA "Greg") termed it that. So we dragged out three grills and some tables and chairs and just went to town. I learned yesterday that 100.7 is, "the COOLEST" radio station. Which, now that 99.1 doesnt play my old country favorites could be entirely possible. Oh, I took the ATV in to have it worked on. It was having electrical issues and I expected that the Flux Capicitor was broken and it might be around three hundred bucks to fix it. Turns out, it was just the battery terminal ends thingies. Sixty bucks. Same day service. *sigh of relief* Now I have the money to take Big Green in for some necessary services. One of which are the tie-rod ends, and the other is the fact that she failed inspection on her braking. Yeah, apparently all FOUR tires are supposed to brake. WHATEVER, I say. Brakes are a crutch for people who can't anticipate light changes and down-shift.

So, I'm thinking I may sell Green. Dont tell her I said that. But we've plain outgrown her. We're literally out of seatbelts once the little one comes. So, our next option is the dreaded Suburban or an Excursion. I'd really like one in a Diesel. It makes sense to sell Green, but I hate to part with her. Kind of running out of places to park vehicles too. Anyhow, we'll figure it out. Dont you worry your pretty little heads about it.

So, I guess, you're about up to speed at this point. I didnt start any fights this week. I've been reverent in church. I've minded my p's and q's and I've even tried really really hard to be a good husband. I'm giving myself a B+ this week. Marked down for getting my butt handed to me, *again* at racquetball and marked back up for being who and what I should be.

OK, seriously, you know I love you to pieces. I wish ya all the best. This one is anticlimatic at best, but I'm pretty sure that's just what the doctor ordered for our platonic situation. ;)

Alright, pick a favorite song to set the tone. I gotta bounce. Josh is making the sausage and the biscuits are done. I'm friggin' starvin'. All the best, be good and keep fighting the good fight.

Always,

J

No comments:

Post a Comment