Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Input...need input...

Did you ever see that show, "Short Circuit"? With Ali Sheedy and Steve Guetenberg? The one with the robot? Number Five? "Number Five is alive!" Anyhow, when the robot is first hit by lightening he's reading every book in sight. He watches television, tries to just soak in the life-experiences as fast as possible. Well at the beginning of the show, he lustfully seeks knowledge and continually spouts the phrase, "NEED INPUT!"

Well, I've kind of had one of those weeks. Well maybe a couple of weeks really. So if you're expecting some sort of post-Easter wrap-up of significant proportions you may be sorely disappointed. Dont get me wrong, I had a wonderful Easter. It really was a good time. I particularly enjoy picking up the little frazzles of pink straw bedding all around the house. Also of great joy is the finding of orange Reese's Pieces. I suppose if E.T. were around half this ridiculousness would be taken care of. I always wanted an E.T. With his little Heart Light, and his glowing finger. Too cool. You could totally use that at parties to pick up on chicks. Being ugly would really matter any more if you could pull that Heart Light thing. Plus the glowing finger...and the "Phone HOOMMMME" makes you just melt. A lot like a Reese's Piece actually. In your hand and on the carpet and not in your mouth.

Anyhow, so Number Five right? Well he just soaks up the knowledge. "NEEED INPUT!" Plus he's a fantastic driver. Unless of course you're driving a gut-wagon with a dude from India. Too funny. So, I guess that's what I've been a waitin' on. Some sort of epiphany from on high. Like the God's of Olympus would shine down a great idea to write about. But it's been over a week and they're not really returning my calls.

So, I guess I'll make a note here and maybe come back and revisit this. Perhaps the both of you that read this can vote on what I write about next. I've been thinking of writing down some of my Navy experiences. You know, the foreign ports, the living on the carrier. Oh, if you didnt know that, I lived on an aircraft carrier for three years. The U.S.S. Independence. CV-62 Baby. Haze Grey and Underway! Anyhow, homeported out of Japan. So, there's a show on Netflix, "Carrier" which I've watched a few episodes of. The other day they manned the rails on their way past the U.S.S. Arizona memorial in Pearl Harbor. Something I've done in fact. Anyhow, I've got a slug of Navy stories. Or, I could write about hunting stories. I've got stories about trips to Turkey, trips to Morocco, Azerbaijan, Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Thailand...In fact, in either Thailand or the Philipines a secret admirer nurse "bought" me a coconut drink. Pretty cool actually. Not the nurse, the coconut. It was pretty awesome how they had hacked the top off of the coconut and the membrane was punctured with a straw. Really tasted great but it gave me the runs like you wouldn't believe. Or I could tell you about the, "Stormin' Schwarmas" a variant of Montezuma's Revenge that trumps any lower intestinal failure you've ever experienced. Anyhow, I've got stories that I'm not even sure are true anymore but I really should get them out before I forget them.

So, anyhow, if you've got a favorite story, or a personal interest, please feel free to comment. I'd be more than happy to expound on just about the dullest piece of boredom this side of Winnemucca, Nevada. Which reminds me. Sometime remind me to tell you about the time when I was 17 and I drove to Redbluff California with 1.5 hours sleep a giant Pepsi, some No Doze, a truck with no seatbelt and a double axle trailer pushing me down the back-side of the Sierra Nevadas.

Alright, well I'm going to drown my sorrows in an episode of Battle Star here as soon as I can get the kids in bed. Dont worry, I had a full work day, read some scriptures, had the Home Teachers over and even ate a delicous but calorically appropriate dinner. I've earned it.

OK kids. Bounding Forward!

Cover fire.

Jon Out

No comments:

Post a Comment