Sunday, May 15, 2011

Lord I Hope this Day is Good...

"Lord, I hope this day is good,
I'm feeling empty and misunderstood.
I should be thankful Lord I know I should,
But, Lord, I hope this day is good.

Lord have you forgotten me I've been prayin' to you faithfully
I'm not saying I am a righteous man
But Lord I know you understand.

I don't need fortune and I don't need fame,
Send down the thunder, Lord, send down the rain.
But when you're planning just how it will be,
Plan a good day for me.

Lord, I hope this day is good,
I'm feeling empty and misunderstood.
I should be thankful Lord I know I should,
But, Lord, I hope this day is good.

[ mandolin ]

You've been the King since the dawn of time,
All that I'm asking is a little less cryin'.
It might be hard for the devil to do,
But it would be easy for you...

Lord, I hope this day is good,
I'm feeling empty and misunderstood.
I should be thankful Lord I know I should,
But, Lord, I hope this day is good."

You know this morning I was driving to drill and that song came on. Nothing like a little Don Williams on the drive in. I love Sunday mornings. Sunday mornings at 6 am are even better. I think I saw maybe a half-dozen cars within the first six blocks or so to work. Wide open lanes and the sun coming up. Just me and little Rebekah my red pickup. She's kind of growing on me the little truck. No air conditioning and my seatbelt is busted. It's pretty white trash (off-white to you there Pilgrim), on account of I have to actually buckle my driver's side into the passenger's side receiver because I accidentally jammed a small cough drop wrapper into it. I actually tried to receive it with a basketball pump needle but succeeded in jamming it into there even deeper. Anyhow, the seatbelt doesnt retract and I commented to Stacey just yesterday how much of a, "Mexican Truck" it is parked in the driveway. I actually left a rake in the back of it for a few weeks and a couple of coolers. It really looks like a work-truck that way. So I took them all out. I may even wash it some day. The day before I sell it most likely.

Well anyhow, we had a decent day at drill. No animals, vegatables or minerals were hurt during it's filming. Oh, also I had a Beto's burrito this morning to celebrate my passing of the Army Physical Fitness Test yesterday. What better way to celebrate maxing your pushups, minimizing your situps, and actually impressing six people with your run that eating about six thousand calories of Machaca? Oh, and now that I know that the "verde" sauce is actually, "Tomatillo" I can dress the part a little more effectively (enter stage right the little Red Toyota, "Rebekah").

Anyhow, I gotta run. Break-fust fer dinner tonight. I've sneaked about seven peices of bacon thus far and my over-easies are getting colder.

Gotta run kids.

You guys enjoy the rest of your night and we'll touch-base with you sometime next week. I hope this day was good.

Talk at ya later,

J

No comments:

Post a Comment