Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Hello World...

Hello World lyrics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al2DFQEZl4M

"Traffic cars, cell phone calls, top video screams at me
Through my tender window I see a little girl, rust red minivan
She's got chocolate on her face, got little hands
And she waves at me, yeah, she smiles at me

Well, hello world, how've you been?
Good to see you, my old friend
Sometimes I feel cold as steel
Broken like I'm never gonna heal
I see a light, little hole in the little girl
Well, hello world

Every day I drive by a little white church
It's got these little white crosses like angels in the yard
Maybe I should stop on in and say a prayer
Maybe talk to God like he is there
Oh, I know He's there, yeah, I know He's there

Well, hello world, how've you been?
Good to see you, my old friend
Sometimes I feel as cold as steel
And broken like I'm never gonna heal
I see a light, little grace, little faith unfurl
Well, hello world

Sometimes I forget what living's for
And I hear my life through my front door
And I'll be there, oh, I'm home again

I see my wife, little boy, little girl
Hello world, hello world

Oh, the empty disappears
I remember why I'm here
To surrender and believe
I fall down on my knees
Oh hello world, hello world, hello world"

So this morning almost like clockwork as I pulled out of my drive this song came on. I gotta be honest with you. It gets me each and every time I hear it. So eloquently put. Everything I am as a father, as a husband. Everything that really matters to me in this world. It really is an amazing song. Even now as I type I'm listening to it on Youtube.

"I listen and believe. I fall down on my knees. Hello world, hello world." All my failings as a man, all my challenges as a husband, all my desires and hopes and aspirations for my kids, all right there. I just love it. What a great way to prepare for the day really.

You know sometimes I wonder just what I'm doing. You know, you try as hard as you can to do what you're supposed to do. Be the person you're supposed to be. You work just as hard as you can to live up to your own expectations. I've really learned lately I can't do it all on my own. I guess this song really brings that home for me.

I've got three daughters. So the initial opening of the song, "Through my tender window I see a little girl, rust red minivan She's got chocolate on her face, got little hands And she waves at me, yeah, she smiles at me.." get's me right from the get-go. I guess I picture either Olivia or Isabelle. Both have been known to be covered in chocolate. Today Olivia even spilled an entire bottle of purple fingernail polish on the carpet on the stairs. So, Easter chocolate or any other variety isn't really that far from a possibility.

The next stanza, "Every day I drive by a little white church It's got these little white crosses like angels in the yard Maybe I should stop on in and say a prayer Maybe talk to God like he is there Oh, I know He's there, yeah, I know He's there", I have no way to appropriately capture this. Oh how readily aware I am of my short-comings and challenges as a man. I think the mental image, of a little white church, a place I should really be, a place I've avoided at times. It's the place where I could commune with my Creator. I could talk with him, and pour out my heart to talk about all the things I need His help in. Yet, everyday I drive past, fully knowing I should stop, and trying to make it through to another Sunday before I go in again. I think that's very personal and I'll keep it mostly to myself. But I am so thankful for a God who understands my heart and my intent. I know He loves me. I know I should stop in a little more often and talk to Him, like, He is there.

"Well, hello world, how've you been? Good to see you, my old friend
Sometimes I feel as cold as steel And broken like I'm never gonna heal
I see a light, little grace, little faith unfurl Well, hello world", this is the part where I again focus on the things around me. I'm out of myself again. I'm driving into the rising sun, I'm looking at the crisp morning and the dew on the alfalfa as I come up onto the highway. I'm looking out over a couple of the last remaining fields in the valley. The big pole barn with the giant motorhome under it. The pedestrian over-pass, with the morning runners on their personal quest. I take it all in, it's really a quiet confirmation that the world goes on, and it's all in hand. That our same Creator has not just a plan for me, but those I share the highway with and the pedestrians, the starlings in the trees and the deer in the field. He's even with those in the Wal Mart parking lot, just going into work for another day, just like me, away from home.

Here's the next one, "Sometimes I forget what living's for And I hear my life through my front door And I'll be there, oh, I'm home again", I think of my beautiful home. For the beautiful way that my loving wife has put it together. The rug, the piano, the picture of the Savior. All representative of a life I'm just not sure I've earned. Hoe lucky I feel. Blessed at how wonderful He's been to me. I literally walk through my front door, and I'm greeted by the rich accomodations of a life that I'm surprised I live each and every day. All made possible by a loving Father that I have no way to repay for His bestowing of them. I see them each and everyday. I'm in awe, and I am humbled beyond words.
"I see my wife, little boy, little girl Hello world, hello world"

"Oh, the empty disappears (my heart is full again)
I remember why I'm here (on Earth)
To surrender and believe (on His loving word)
I fall down on my knees (Is this for me???)
Oh hello world, hello world, hello world" (Thank you God, I am so very blessed. Thank you so much. Thank you for seeing beyond my faults, thank you for seeing beyond my Earthly potential. Thank you for my second chances. Thank you for my babies. Thank you so much for my wife. Thank you for all that she is, thank you for all she's become to me. Thank you so much for her sacrifices, her understanding. Thank you for these incredible children. Thank you God for the mercy you continually show my rebellious heart. Thank you for loving me. Thank you God. Thank you God. I know you're there. I know you're there. Thank you for this world. Thank you for all it comprises. Thank you for all that we have opportunity to be and do and know. Thank you so much. I am beyond my own ability to appreciate it all and take it in.

I surrender and believe, and get down on my knees and hello world...hello world...thank you so much Father for this world. For my little piece of ths world. I get down on my knees. I'm doing everything I can. All that I am short you complete. You bless me with these children, this family, this wife, this home, this Nation. It's too much for me. Thank you God. Thank you for the trust, for this chance, for all that I have opportunity to be in your eyes.

I hope you take a moment and see this world. See all that it is, all that it testifies of. I hope you see that little boy, or little girl, that you see your life through your front door. That the empty disappears, and you get down on your knees.

I better go, I've got only so much time in the day to soak it all in. I hope you have a great night. So I guess instead of saying, "goodbye", I'll just say, "Hello World".

1 comment: