Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Elk Tags and such...

Hey. Yeah, it's me again.  I know, you've been wondering where I disappeared to. I've been busy. No, seriously, REALLY busy.  Kids have all been sick in one form or fashion and we've been averaging about 4 or 5 hours of sleep per night.  I think I wrote over a month ago, so I'll put fingers to keys and let you in on some stuff.

First off, you may have heard, I promoted to Major.  It was a pretty cool ceremony.  My date of rank officially is the 26th of April, no special significance there, but it starts anothe clock and count-down to Lieutenant Colonel.  To be honest it's a bit surreal, as I sometimes cant really believe it actually has happened as fast as it has.  I guess the reality of being eligible for light colonel in three years really is quite a reality check.  Josh is 12, he started passing the sacrament and of course received the Priesthood from me right after his birthday in April.  It's even more crazy to believe that if he really does join the Guard, that I'll attend his graduation from Basic Training as a lieutenant colonel because that's outside of five years from now at the earliest.  Wow, doesnt time fly? I mean seriously.

So, things are going really well here at Casa de Kenworthy.  Stacey and I are tired because of the continued sickness making the  rounds in the house, but we're so very happy to have things in our personal life settling down.  I threw my name in the hat for a tour in D.C. and we'll see if I get any bites on that.  It'd be nice to move back East for a three year tour and get a new outlook and lease on life as a family. 

Oh yeah, I drew out for the Wasatch Mature Bull Elk muzzle loader tag this September. I'm stoked.  $280 tag and I can't wait to rack up even more charges when it comes time to mount it.  This is Josh's first year hunting big game, and he and dad and I all drew deer tags to use his new 30.06 out in the West Dessert.  I'm going to buy him an Archery Elk tag so he can go with his grandpa Clint chasing elk, and then come help me pack out my animal a few weeks later.

Anyhow, hope you're all doing well.  I dont have any angry speech today.  I just finished the 300 over at the Rec Center and it took the starch right out of me.  I broke their heavy bag d-ring hanger (again) and you may have heard I broke my own heavy bag in half in the garage about 15 minutes into using it.  It's time to buy a nice canvas or leather one that lasts I guess. 

OK, listen, I gotta go, everyone will be home shortly and I have to get ready for scouts.

All the best to you and yours,

J

No comments:

Post a Comment