Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Salon Selectives...Salon Glow....

So there I was, last Thursday. Thought I'd sache' on over to the haircut place to get my ears lowered. Yeah, I know you're wondering why I keep going back to that place, but it turns out that Katie can cut a mean fade and I drill was coming up quickly.

So anyhow, I got my haircut, and again, Katie came through for me. She took a normally abnormal me, and turned me into the finest near-normal I can be. But I digress. Anyhow, so she always talks me into the rinse. Well, really she shampoos it but I dont want you thinking I'm some kind of fruity-pants so we'll just keep it to rinsing if anyone asks. Anyhow, so...I am lying back in the chair, the little brown towel wrapped about my neck, and of course she's fiddlin' around with the temperature. So, she puts what's meant to be a totally organic experience into my hair and commences to scratchin' me behind the ears. Well of course my left leg starts moving and I turn my head into her hand and my belly up thinking this is a pretty good deal for this ol' dog.

So, I'm sitting there, and she starts touching between my eyebrows. Which, I was thoroughly convinced was readily apparent there were two separate, and distinct brows. So she says, "This is really buggin' me, can we get rid of it?" So I'm a l ittle taken aback, and I was like, "huh?" so she says cautiously, "Well, you shave it dont you?" which I can't rightly argue with, however it's not like I have a uni-brow or anything, I'm just taking the onsie-twosies off to maintain that good-order and discipline look I've been cultivating. So I stammer out that yes, in very point of fact I occasionally, however slight or however inconsequential it may be, do in fact, rarely, if ever...sorta...shave it yeah. So she says, "Well let me wax it for ya. M-kay?" So, of course I dont want to hurt this poor lass' feelings, and you know what? It's only money right, and it can't really hurt, and...well...WHEN IN ROME?! Ya know?

So, anyhow, she pastes on this goop, which I thoroughly expected to be hot. Which it wasn't. It was luke-warm at best. It sets for a second, then she RIPS it off. Which, was a bit of a surprise. Not nearly as surprising as her going back for seconds..and...well thirds. So this whole time we're laughing about that movie, "40 Year Old Virgin" in which Steve Carell (spell that on your own time), has the same thing done on his chest and ends up with a bloody smiley face on his chest seeping through this t-shirt.

Anyhow, so...I go look in the mirror, and I dont see a remarkable difference between, "Before" and "After" but..ya know, whatever right? Just a little red circle in the center of my brows. So, anyhow, I go up front we check out, she doesnt charge me, so I over-tip her. Too easy right?

Well I get back to the orifice, and Ami, the Family Support Lady, says, "Captain K, what happened to your forehead?" To which I said, "Promise you wont laugh? The lady waxed it." Which, starts Ami laughing, almost hysterically. Well, back up. I SPECIFICALLY told Katie, that the only way I'd let her do this, would be if she swore it to secrecy, so none of the guys would make fun of me back at the orifice, right? Well enter stage-left, "Irony" AGAIN. Yeah, so now I have to spend the next six days explaining to everyone and their dog how it is that I've come to own a giant red diamond on my forehead, which...really is just a manifestation of the missing top-two layers of skin.

Yeah, it's that ridiculous. Anyhow, so I learned my lesson, and everyone gets a good belly laugh when I tell them what happened. So much for secrecy right? Yeah, anyhow, there's really no moral to the story I guess. Just another one of those, "WHY ME?!" Moments.

Alright I gotta go. I have piano lessons tonight. Second lesson and I didnt practice all weekend because I had drill. "C,D,E,F,G" both hands. Rinse, lather, and repeat as inspired.

I gotta go man.

J

1 comment:

  1. I love you and all the funny things that happen to only you. Hey do you want to go tanning again?

    ReplyDelete