Saturday, November 19, 2011

Dante's Invierno...

Hey, what's up? *head nod* Hold on, let me snag a Diet Luv. Been one of those days. *sigh*...man. Hey have a seat will ya? Man, you're making me nervous. Wow, where to start huh? Been one of those weeks. Let's see, we've got the snowblower, the new workout, the girls' combined birthday, return to work, the baby...sooooooooo much to go over. I'll try to keep it straight for you. Hey you want some music? Hold on, let me go grab something...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtMy5IBmX7E&NR=1

So, I just finished writing a whole diatribe about how I went to the gym, and how my gut hurts and how we had a party for the girls, and how I bought a snowblower. Only I hit, "publish" and it logged me out, and now a perfectly good verbal diarreah was forever lost to the Western World.
MAN that sucks! Anyhow, you better have a seat. This could take a while.

OK, let's just hit the lowlights. Bought a snowblower. Now I lost all ambition to outline the dichotomy of having a new 209 Cc Orange Beast (I named her, "Ariel"). She can shoot snow a reported 50 feet, however Old Man Winter only set upon us with an inch and a third of the white powder so I haven't had a chance to fire her up.

Then there's the new Navy Seal and 300 Work Outs I started last week. Suffice it to say, my gut hurts from doing situps and floorwipers so bad that I think I have a bout of Montezuma's Revenge, when in fact it's just dormant muscle layers deep in my abdomen that have been reawakened. I'm tellin' you, it hurts from just above the Octagon all the way up my bellaye to my sternum. Mostly from the aforementioned, "Floor Wipers" which consists of laying on the floor, and holding a 45 lb bar and a 45 lb plate on each end straight up in a bench style hold while moving your feet up from the left plate to the right some 50 times. Then, I tried what's termed a, "Dead Lift" wherein you use that same setup, and put one hand over, and one hand under the bar and just stand up. Well, you start out like you were bent over with a sway-back and stickin' your butt out all seductive-like, then you just hold on to that bar and stand up. It's that easy. Only...50 TIMES! Yeah, in ONE DAY!! That's what I said!

So, now my back feels like I'm 80 and I'm going in for some cement to be put in it, and my gut feels like I've eaten 5 bowls of Fruit and Fibre and all this in the name of aging vanity and an attempt to rekindle my youthful vibrance. Plus I was hoping to lose 10 lb of inner-tube weight around my middle but...MAN this is a lot harder than the brochure said.

Nice jumping off point. See, I just finished ruining five full days of Navy Seal and "300" workouts with downing a half a pizza for my girls' combined Estrogen Fest birthdays. Yeah, that's what I said, 5 each 7 year old girls and 5 each 11 year old girls in one pool/pizza party. Oh man, I'm lucky to have escaped it alive. I got stuck in the drive-through at Little Cheeser's and they started talking. By the way, the girl at the window hands me four pizzas, four breadsticks and two 20 oz drinks. So I'm like, uh...didnt I order 2 liters? So she says, "Oh, did you?" Well, I only charged you for 20 ozers. To which I'm wondering, 'Hey, Blondie, I realize you're 17 and you're destined for greater things, but REALLY?! four pizzas, four breadsticks and we're all dozen of us going to warsh it down with a half a sacrament cup of drinky-drink?!' But I was too frightened by the cacaphony of Relief Societies in Training and just drove off dumber than what I started.

Anyhow, I gotta go, I gotta thing. All the best to you and your's. Just...pray for me a little will ya?


OK, attempt numero dos to save this to the public record.

Hugs and Medicated Wishes.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment