Thursday, May 17, 2012

Major News

Coffee black, cigarette, start this day, like all the rest...Man that Don Williams can really sing a tune can't he?  Anyhow, I've been remiss at writing lately. Been busy you know.  I have a lot to catch you up on.  Let's see...hmm well my promotion to Major came through.  Maybe you heard, maybe you didnt.  Yeah, I'm on leave this week and I've got to coordinate a time next week to pin it on.  Effective date of 26 April 2012.  So, we got that goin' for us, which is nische.  What else? Well you may or may not know we took a trip up to the lot this past weekend too.  Hey, hold on, let me start another paragraph...

OK, that's better.  Yeah, so we went up to the lot on Sunday after church.  I've been doin' my best to be available and in the pew whenever I can.  It's part of my new agreement with the Lord.  I go to church and do good things, and he keeps me outta hot water.  So far so good anyhow. Anyhow, you know I'm teaching the 11 year olds. They're good kids. Josh promoted out of my class into the Young Mens' Program.  He's passing the Sacrament and everything.  Even went to, "Youth Standards Night" last night.  Wore a tie and everything.  Big accomplishment for a kid who will wear the same ugly pair of orange shorts to school eleven days in a row if you'd let him.

So, we went up to the lot as I told you.  Well my little solar experiment worked like a charm.  My 90 watts of power panels were just pumpin' out the juice to our battery pack.  Full battery after three weeks of inactivity on our part.  Anyhow, ohhhhhhhhhh the best part! So the neighbors, the Neilsons, or Nelsons, or Nielsons..anyhow they have a lot a couple over from us. They came by on Tuesday and notified us they're serious about building up there, and that they're going to connect to the Fruitland water (7800 bones) and they would be willing to sell us there Young Water ($3K)  So, that doesnt even require a septic connection simultaneously. So, see? Paying your tithing does pay off. 

So we also played a little paintball up there in the rocks.  Josh, Lexi, Isabelle and I. Only, we only have two pressurized guns.  So I had to use a slingshot to fire back.  I totally got my butt handed to me.  I have a big bruise on my forehead to prove it too.  Josh is a good shot, in fact, he's a better Soldier than a fat old Major that's for sure.  I have bruises all over my back and arms and everything to prove it.

So anyhow, you're up to speed. I'm just doin' ma thing.  Doing my best to stay outta trouble and live that virtuous life I promised ya'll I would.

OK, hey I gotta run.  I've got to figure out why this sprinkling system isn't firing up on valve number two. Yeah, rivetting stuff huh?

OK, anyhow, I gotta run.

Hugs 'n Kisses and whatnot.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment