Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Labor Day and Other Messes I've Gotten Into...

Hi guys. Yeah, it's me. I know, it's been a while. I've been busy, what do you want me to say about that? I'm doing my best here. I'm not so sure this post is going to have much in the way of excitement, just...sort of a day-by-day account of the goings-on around here.

So, you're aware we had a major Federal holiday a few days back. We ended up going up to our lot in Fruitland and doing some work around the yard. Well, back up a little. Josh had his first real-life football game on Saturday against Alta. Well, we were pretty well beat down. 49 to nothing. It wasn't pretty. See, we have no intensity as a team. No individual hate and fury. Fury as in anger, not furry as in kitty cat. Although, I've noticed the majority of Josh's compatriots could use a haircut. Anyhow, their team continued sweeping around our outside at will and just demolished our offensive line at will. I cried a little inside. I aint gonna lie to you.

So, we left from Josh's game and went up to the lot. Nothing fancy this weekend. Standard-issue. Just put the dog and some bags in the back of the pickem-up and headed out. I wanted to set some fence posts as well as cut down some of the weeds that have sprung up around the parking area. I've got some pictures on Facebook if you're into that sort of thing. Personally I think a picture is worth a thousand words, so in about 39,000 more words you'll be up-to-speed.

So, we didnt fish or anything. Just, sort of lounged around. It was nice. Stacey read her book a little, we took a nap. The girls painted some rocks and they swung on the "new" swingset I'm piecing together. That reminds me, I need about four cans of almond colored spray paint, some new chain, and about fifty 2x4's before we go up next time. This fall is going to be pretty busy though. I'll be lucky to get one weekend of elk hunting in October.

Oh yeah, I'm going to school the latter end of Octubre. Yeah, two weeks to South Cackalacky. Then we have the baby, then in Deciembre, over our anniversary and my birthday I have another two week school. Going to be insane I tell you. Entirely of my own doing though (child included). I just put off these schools without a lot of thought. Life just got in the way.

Anyhow, so I took Tuesday off and sort of lounged around. We played racquetball last night, and I'm happy to report I actually won a game. I'm not sure Craig (Big Show) and Rodney (The Hitman) were trying all that hard, but it sure felt good getting a mercy win at least.

So, that leads us to today I suppose. Here we are, just minding our own business. Oh, let me back up. We hit the Temple yesterday, Stacey and I. I'm really glad we went. We were actually the witness couple. Which, if you've never been means absolutely nothing to you. Anyhow, I wont go into it too much, but we followed up our visit with some Apollo Burger. I got the mushroom n' swiss of course, because if you're going to be bad, be bad all the way.

So, today was pretty much a wash. I worked as much as I could. Had some meetings, did the duty, that sort of thing. Found out some personnel changes are coming which I wasn't expecting, but hey, I'll roll with it.

OK guys, Josh is cooking the tortillas, Lexi just left with a friend I dont know, and Isabelle is trying to wake Baby Olivia. I guess I better punch-out and get involved.

All the best to you and yours.

Always,

J

No comments:

Post a Comment